- 2 qts. whole or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz. can tomato paste (see variation for less of a tomato taste)
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. chopped green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 6 oz. corn, whole kernel
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- Combine all incredients EXCEPT beans and corn in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or on High 3-4 hours.
- Add beans and corn one hour before serving.
Variation: If you prefer less of a tomato taste, substitute 2 vegetable bouillon cubes and 1 c. water for tomato paste. If you prefer you can use black beans, kidney beans or pinto beans, or a mixture of the beans of your choice.