- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz. can of green chiles (drained)
- 1/3 c. diced onions
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste (optional)
- ground cumin to taste (optional)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. red or green enchilada sauce
Here’s one of my favorite recipes from the Get Crocked e-Book! The cheese mixture helps keep this chicken dish stay tender and flavorful. If desired, serve with Mexican rice. Yum-Yum!
- Make cheese mixture: Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, onion, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Place a generous dollop of cheese mixture on each flattened chicken breast then roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Place the chicken rolls in the slow cooker, seam-side down.
- Top the chicken breast rolls with the remaining cheese mixture, soup, and enchilada sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.