- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. Japanese sake (or dry white wine)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 med. carrots, sliced on the bias
- 3 med. (russet) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
Slow Cooker Niku Jaga is a delicious Japanese beef stew. Served usually with sticky white rice on the side.
- Combine ALL the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours or on High for 4-6 hours.
- Stir thoroughly before serving.