- 1 lg. onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. cumin seed
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. canned cream corn
- 2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 c. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 T. fresh chives, chopped (optional)
Served with a French bread and a tossed green salad and your meal is complete.
1. In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until golden.
2. Drain and place in the crock pot.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cheddar cheese, evaporated milk and chives.
4. Mix thoroughly.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 6-9 hours or on High 2-4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Add the cheese and evaporated mild during the last hour of cooking and garnish with chives before serving, if desired.
Crock Pot Girl