- 1 lg. onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. cumin seed
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. canned cream corn
- 2 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 c. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 T. fresh chives, chopped (optional)
Served Slow Cooker Corn and Cheese Chowder with a French bread and a tossed green salad and your meal is complete.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until golden.
- Drain and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for the cheddar cheese, evaporated milk and chives.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-9 hours or on High 2-4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the cheese and evaporated mild during the last hour of cooking and garnish with chives before serving, if desired.