- 1 pkg. 16 Bean Soup
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 T. crushed oregano
- 2 cans no-fat chicken stock
- Additional water to cover
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb. turkey Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 cans stewed (or diced) tomatoes
- Combine first 5 ingredients (liquid should cover mixture by 1″-2″) in slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients and turn slow cooker to Low and cook for additional 3 hours.
NOTE: I like to wash and soak my beans overnight, but definitely a personal preference!