- rinsed pumpkin seeds from a carving pumpkin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- additional seasonings as desired
Yes, it’s true – you can roast pumpkin seeds in your slow cooker! If you don’t have room in your oven, or if you’re like me and want to use your crock for everything, then this is the method for you! My mom always roasted the seeds while we carved pumpkins as kids so I am brought back in time as soon as I taste that first roasted seed each year….
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds from a carving pumpkin.
- Place the seeds on paper towels and air dry overnight.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the seeds with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix well to coat all seeds.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally for even roasting.