Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredientsrinsed pumpkin seeds from a carving pumpkin
1 tsp. sea salt
1-2 T. olive oil
additional seasonings as desired
Yes, it’s true – you can roast pumpkin seeds in your slow cooker! If you don’t have room in your oven, or if you’re like me and want to use your crock for everything, then this is the method for you! My mom always roasted the seeds while we carved pumpkins as kids so I am brought back in time as soon as I taste that first roasted seed each year….
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds from a carving pumpkin.
- Place the seeds on paper towels and air dry overnight.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the seeds with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix well to coat all seeds.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally for even roasting.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Are the seeds still crunchy? And can you smell them roasting?
We like them crunchy so i just left them to roast longer This turned out to be an excellent idea Thanks
Thanks Karen! It is just so simple, and you are right, make the recipe your own, and make them they way you like it! 😀
[…] Crock Pot Roasted Pumpkin Seeds […]
I’ve always cooked them in the oven but this seems like a great idea! Could you do cinnamon and sugar instead of the traditional salt?
Hi Katie! Sounds like a wonderful idea! YUM! Happy Crocking!