- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. Jack cheese, grated
- 1 c. medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 c. mild salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 c. salted tortilla chips, slightly broken
A Southwestern breakfast classic, packed with flavor. Serve with corn tortillas and refried beans or black beans for a real authentic touch.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Note: Can use salsa of your choice; mild, medium or hot!?!?! To double this recipe, be sure to use a 5,6 or 7 quart slow cooker!
Variation: If served with baked tortilla’s this is a healthier version, if you fry the tortilla is is not as healty.