- 2 c. chopped round red potato (2 med.)
- 1 c. coarsely chopped carrot (2 med.)
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped onion (1 med.)
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped celery (1 med.)
- 4 oz. can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 T. quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 lb. bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut up
- Cheesy Biscuits
1. In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crock pot, combine potato, carrot, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle tapioca over the mixture. Top with chicken thighs. Pour broth over all.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from crock pot. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and coarsely chop; discard bones.
4. Return meat to crock pot along with peas and cream cheese.
5. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir well; serve with Cheesy Biscuits following the recipe below.
6. Cheesy Biscuits:Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 2/3 cups packaged biscuit mix and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.). Stir in 1/2 cup milk. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Pat into a 1/2 inch-thick circle. Cut with a floured 3 inch biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps as needed. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Crock Pot Girl