- 15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained well
- 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 c. Uncooked White or Brown Rice, not quick cooking
- 1 c. Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp. Chipotle Powder or Smoky Paprika
- ½ tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes or Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Celery Salt
- Additional Ingredients:
- 12 Soft Flour/Corn or Hard Taco Shells
- 2 c. Shredded Crisp Lettuce
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 oz. jar Taco Sauce or Salsa
- 1 Onion, Medium White diced
- 2.25 oz. Olives, Black sliced canned, drained
- ½ c. Sour Cream, optional
This recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetarian Tacos is a great dish to serve when you have vegetarian friends and also friends that are non-vegetarian. Serve the meat(s) as an additional ingredient, since they will be making their own! Have FUN… GREAT for a PARTY!
- Place all filling ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
- Serve each person 2 taco shells or soft tacos, and allow them to create their own taco, using the additional ingredients and filling.
OPTIONAL: To change from Vegetarian you can also add ground or shredded beef and/or shredded chicken or pork!