- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 oz.) each
- 1 1/4 c. crushed tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Pinch of celery seeds
- 2 T.. dry red wine
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T.. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 min.
- Combine the chicken and next 5 ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and a meat thermometers registers 170*.
- Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and sprinkle them over the chicken. Don’t stir.
- Cover. Cook until the cheeses are melted, about 15 min.
NOTE: I like mine served over noodles (your choice)!