- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen hash browns, unthawed
- 2 packages (9.6 ounces each) fully cooked refrigerated pork sausage breakfast links, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2/3 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 c. pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/4 c. milk
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. jar prepared salsa
1. Place unopened bag of frozen hash browns on a work surface and press on bag to loosen potato pieces and eliminating any large chunks.
2. Scatter 1/3 of the frozen potatoes into a 6-quart slow cooker. In order, top with 1/3 of the sliced sausage, 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 of the green pepper, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, starting with potatoes and ending with cheese.
3. Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and whisk to blend well. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over top of potato mixture, allowing it to soak in.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours, or until the sausage is golden brown and mixture is set, but still creamy.
5. Scoop up servings of casserole and place on serving plates.
6. Serve with salsa alongside, and pass any remaining salsa.
Crock Pot Girl