- 1/2 c. Sour Cream
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 1 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Allspice (or sub 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. cloves)
My favorite time of the year, and when I smell the wonderful aroma of pumpkin and cinnamon from the kitchen I can’t help but to get excited! Yes this is “Punkin” bread as it is what my hubby calls me some times!
- Combine the “wet” ingredients in a medium sized bowl – oil, eggs and pumpkin.
- Stir in sugars.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just blended.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bread pan.
- Place the loaf pan on a wire rack in a 6-Quart or larger slow cooker. If your slow cooker doesn’t have a wire rack insert, crumple foil to sit between the bottom of the slow cooker and the bread pan (to prevent burning.)
- Place a paper towel over the slow cooker and top with the lid.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or until a knife comes out clean when testing the bread.