- 3 T. margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. dried figs, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. raisens
This holiday… a must have would be Figgy Pudding, and now you can make Slow Cooker Figgy Pudding otherwise know as Christmas Pudding in your slow cooker!
- Butter a 2-quart mold with a tight lid.
- Heat water in a pan large enough to hold mold, a slow cooker is excellent for this.
- Put melted margarine in a large bowl and stir in sugar and milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, lemon zest, salt and all-spice and beat until smooth.
- Stir in figs, apples, raisens and pecans. Spoon into mold.
- Place mold with lid inside the slow cooker in the hot water.
- Cover. Cook in steam for 2 hours on Low, check after 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove and cool 10 minutes before removing from mold.
Variation: Top with whipped cream!
NOTE: The batter may appear not to cover figs and apple. This is normal as pudding will rise during steaming.