- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, & finely chopped
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. raisins
This holiday… a must have would be Figgy Pudding, and now you can make Slow Cooker Figgy Pudding otherwise know as Christmas Pudding in your slow cooker!
- Butter a 2-quart mold with a tight lid.
- Heat water in a large slow cooker.
- Melt butter in a large bowl and stir in sugar and milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, lemon zest, salt and all-spice and beat until smooth.
- Stir in figs, apples, raisins and pecans. Spoon into mold.
- Place lid on the mold and put inside the slow cooker (in the hot water.)
- Cover. Cook for 1.5 -2 hours on Low.
- Remove and cool 10 minutes before removing from mold.
Variation: Top with whipped cream!
NOTE: The batter may appear not to cover figs and apple. This is normal as pudding will rise during steaming.