- 5 lb. beef rump roast
- 2 c. water
- 1 pkg. au jus gravy mix
- 1 pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 oz. hot cherry peppers, drained and quartered (optional)
- 4 oz. pimentos, diced (optional)
- 8 Rolls, Italian
This recipe is great as you can make it ahead and give you time to prepare everything else, and NEVER a disappointment…. so so YUMMY!
- Place roast in a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Combine water, gravy mix and dressing mix.
- Pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 12-15 hours.
- Remove roast and shred with 2 forks, forming strings.
- Add optional hot cherry peppers and/or pimentos.
- Cover. Cook on Low an additional 10-12 hours.
Serve on crusty Italian rolls, or rolls of your choice!
Note: Top with Provolone Cheese or cheese of your choice!