- 1 ½ lbs. round steak, cut into 3 inch chunks
- 1 onion chopped, medium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 c. beef broth
- ½ c. red wine
- For last 30 minutes cooking
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- ¼ c. water
- Place round steak and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine ingredients, EXCEPT water and cornstarch, and pour over steak and onion.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch 30 minutes before serving, and add to meat mixture.
- Cover. Cook on high for the last 30 minutes, to allow the water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Optional: Serve over rice or noodles!