- 1/2 c. macaroni, wheels
- 1/2 c. macaroni, springs
- 1/2 c. macaroni, shells
- 1/2 c. macaroni elbows
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, canned, drained
- 7 oz. pepperoni, pkg.
- 32 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet and drain. Add the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce and seasonings. Let simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- In a medium to large slow cooker, layer 1/2 macaroni, 1/2 sauce mixture, 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 cheese. Continue in layers until all is used ending with cheese on the top.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
NOTE: Cavatini is made with a few different pastas, and you can certainly use the pastas you have on hand, it doesn’t have to only be made with the pasta that are listed! Enjoy and Happy Crocking!