- 3 -5 lbs beef roast (any inexpensive cut will work)
- 4 oz. package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 14 oz. jar yellow pepperoncini peppers
- 10 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz. can low-sodium beef broth
- Sliced provolone cheese (Optional)
This recipe for Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Peppers Beef Roast makes the best sandwiches. I have spent a lot of time in Chicago, where my family eats Italian beef sandwiches all the time – this is my version!
- Place beef roast in slow cooker.
- Pour Onion soup mix, beef and chicken broths over roast.
- Cut tops and stems off each pepperoncini pepper, and return them to their original jar in the juice.
- Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast and mix with large spoon to blend soups.
- Cover. Cook on low for 11 hours.
NOTE: 11 hours, not 8 hours like most recipes! This is important to the success of this roast.
- The last 1/2 hour of crocking time, take roast out of crock pot and “shred” the meat apart with a knife or fork, and return meat to the juices in slow cooker for 30 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite bun or hoagie roll, with extra juice on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Place provolone cheese slice over the sandwich and microwave for 35 seconds before serving, then spoon additional au jus over the bread!