- 3/4 c. uncooked white rice
- 13 1/2 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 c. water
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
Rice pudding brings up childhood memories for me…it was one of the few sweet treats my mom would allow my sister and me to eat without it being a special occasion! When I make this recipe with my daughter Bali, I think of my mom and hope that I am creating as many cherished memories for Bali as my mom did for me. Do you have any special food or cooking memories from your childhood? I’d love to hear them!
- Combine all ingredients in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 4-5 hours or on High for 2 – 3 hours.
- I don’t normally recommend lifting the lid when slow cooking, but in this case, it’s okay to lift the lid and give the rice pudding a few quick stirs. Do this a couple of times while it is cooking.
Optional: Serve with your favorite toppings, cinnamon sticks, sprinkle of cinnamon, raisins, craisens, or crushed nuts! Make this recipe your own!