- 32 oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow coker.
- Next add a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the slow cooker mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10-12 hours.
Note: Have found this recipe does not need to cook the whole 10-12 hours, mine cooked in 7-8 hours! It all depends on the slow cooker and how hot it cooks!
Nutrition with Ham Nutrition with Bacon