- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled and diced
- 1 c. dried cranberries, raisins or other fruit of your choice
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 c. old fashioned oats (NOT quick cook)
- 3 c. water
- 1-1/2 c. apple juice
- 1-1/2 c. cranberry juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c candied walnuts (optional)
- Spray a 6-Quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add the apples and cranberries (or other dried fruit), tossing to coat evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Transfer into slow cooker. Top with butter pieces.
- Mix the oatmeal together with the water, apple juice, cranberry juice, and salt in a bowl, and pour over the apple mixture in the slow cooker. DO NOT STIR. (Note: Can use 3 c. Cranapple juice, if desired.)
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours then let the slow cooker stay on WARM the rest of the night while you sleep.
Stir before serving. Spoon into bowls and top with candied walnuts, if desired.