- 1 medium-size cabbage cut into large chunks
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 lb. smoked ham
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Place vegetables and bay leaves in bottom of slow cooker. (Note: Soften the potatoes and carrots in the microwave for 5 minutes before adding them to the crock)
- Place ham on top and pour water over it.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and then dry mustard over ham.
- Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and pour juices over ham and vegetables before serving.