- 3-6 lbs. pork (country ribs with/without bone, Boston Butt or picnic shoulder work well)
- 14 oz. can of beef broth (not condensed)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 16 oz. BBQ Sauce
My family has grown to love this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork. It’s easy, flavorful, and leftovers are always plentiful! This recipe is derived from one shared by a Facebook follower, Alison T. Thank you Alison for sharing your recipe.
- Rinse & dry off pork with a paper towel. Place the pork in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Scatter onions over top of the pork.
- Pour broth over top of the pork and onions
- Cover & Crock on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Chop onions into smaller pieces.
- Discard fat/bone/gristle/broth.
- Return the meat and onions to the slow cooker.
- Add the BBQ sauce of your choice until the meat reaches your desired degree of wetness (For a 5 lb. butt, I use a a 16 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s.)
- Heat to serving temp and serve on sesame seed buns or hoagie rolls.