- 5 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 c, sugar, or less, to taste
- 1/2 c, chopped dates
- 1/2 c. toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 T. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place apples, sugar, dates and pecans, in the slow cooker; stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and stir into apple mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over batter and stir. Stir in egg.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
NOTE: If crispier nuts are desired, add toasted pecans at the end of cooking period.