- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 c. water
- 4 lb. corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 oz. beer
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of the crock pot, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spice packet.
- Cover. Cook on High for 7-8 hours.
- An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for an additional hour.
Note: If you like your vegetables a little more crunchy, you should add after the first 3 cooking hours!