- ¼ c. butter , softened
- ¼ c. white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. molasses
- 1 c. water
- 1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. pecans , chopped
- 7 T. brown sugar
- ¾ c. hot water
- ½ c. butter , melted
My mom use to make me gingerbread as a kid, and now I can replicate my childhood memories with Slow Cooker Gingerbread Pudding Cake. YUM!
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg white and vanilla.
- Combine molasses and water until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and spices.
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Combine hot water and melted butter and pour over the batter but DO NOT stir.
- Cover. Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Serve warm and top with whipped cream or ice cream!