- ¼ c. unsalted butter , softened
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1 c. water
- 1 ¼ c. flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ¾ c. hot water
- ½ c. butter , melted
My mom use to make me gingerbread as a kid, and now I can replicate my childhood memories with Slow Cooker Gingerbread Pudding Cake. YUM!
- Grease a 3.5 Quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Sprinkle in 1 T. flour and shake to coat bottom and sides of slow cooker. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg white, vanilla, maple syrup and water, one at a time, until well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and spices – in a small bowl.
- Add 1/3 of dry mixture to mixing bowl and stir just until combined. Repeat twice more until all ingredients are mixed together. (do not over mix!)
- Pour into the prepared slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Combine hot water and melted butter and pour over the batter but DO NOT stir.
- Cover. Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve warm and top with whipped cream or ice cream!