- 1/3 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 1/2 c. raisins or chopped dates
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, optional
Slow Cooker Banana Bread is so easy to make and a great way to use up those ripe bananas. (the riper the better! Don’t throw those brown bananas away; make banana bread!)
- Cream together shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl; add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana; stir in raisins or chopped dates and chopped pecans, if using.
- Grease a bread pan (glass or metal) that fits in your slow cooker and pour in the batter.
- Use your crock’s rack insert or make a rack – simply roll foil and make a coil in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the bread pan on top of the rack in the crock, and place a piece of buttered foil on top of the bread batter, to eliminate the paper towel from (next step) sticking to the bread.
- Cover top of pan with 6 to 8 layers of paper towel; and place on rack in cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours (or until bread is done).