- 6 c. boiling water
- 1 ½ c. quick grits
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb. velveta Cheese Cubed
- 3 eggs beaten
- Tabasco sauce 3-5 shakes
This is Kim M’s Grandma Clo’s Cheesy Grits… Kim said when she recently made it for an office party, the recipe was one of the most requested by her co-workers!
1. In the boiling water add grits, salt, cheese and butter. Cook till all melted.
2. Add eggs but carefully. I take about a cup of hot grits and add the eggs to warm up the eggs so they do not cook too quickly in the hot grit mixture.
3. Pour eggs/grits mixture back to pan. Add 3-5 shakes of Tabasco mix and pour into crock pot or casserole dish shake paprika on top.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 3-4 hours in crock pot till set. Oven – cook @350 for an hour or till set.
Provided by Kim M. via facebook.com/crockpotgirl