- 15 oz. can of tomato soup
- 10 3/4 oz. can of French onion soup
- 14.5 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. of turkey sausage, browned and drained
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 T. + 2 tsp. of dried chopped onion (or half of a fresh onion)
- 2 T. of dried sliced garlic (or one clove)
- 2 tsp. of seasoned salt
- 3 - 4 c. of chicken broth (as needed)
- 3 c. of cooked rice (I used brown rice)
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add the tomato soup, French onion soup, both cans of tomatoes, onion, garlic aqnd seasoned salt. Stir.
- Brown the sausage. Adding the cooked sausage and the bell pepper to the slow cooker. Stir.
- Add enough of the chicken broth to completely cover the above ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours or high for 2 1/2 – 3.
- At the end of this cook time, add the rice. Stir completely.
- Cover. Cook for an additional 3-4 hours on Low or 2 hours on High.
NOTE: For soup like consistency, add more chicken broth when adding the rice. For thicker like consistency take the lid off and turn to High the last 30 – 45 minutes of cook time.