- 1 lb. pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 gloves of garlic, diced
- 1-2 poblanos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 T. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Chicken or vegetable broth
1. Rinse your pinto beans, removing any sand or rocks that can be found in beans.
2. Add the beans, onions, garlic, poblano, cumin, salt, and bay leaves to the crock pot.
3. Cover with chicken broth until there is an inch of broth above the beans.
4. Cover. Cook for 8-10 hours until beans are soft.
5. Optional: Add Ham at the end of the crocking.
Provided by J. M. L. via facebook.com/crockpotgirl
Nutrician includes adding the Ham!