- 1 whole roasting chicken (3-5lbs), thawed and giblets removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dried savory (I have not found this yet and it is still wonderful)
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 carrots per person, peeled and cut in half
- 1.5 potatoes per person, peeled and cut in half
- 2 stalks of celery, chunked
- 1 onion, sliced
The recipe was shared by Facebook Friend Heather K. E. Thanks Heather for sharing this very healthy recipe!
- Combine herbs together in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken and rub with herb mixture.
- Spread celery and onion on bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place breast side up in the bottom of a large, greased oval slow cooker.
- Place carrots and potatoes around the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hrs or on High for 4 hours.
Note: To reduce calories and fat, remove skin before serving.
Provided by Heather K. E. via facebook.com