- 1 lb. pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 gloves of garlic, diced
- 1-2 poblanos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 T. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Rinse your pinto beans, removing any sand or rocks that can be found in beans.
- Add the beans, onions, garlic, poblano, cumin, salt, and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cover with chicken broth until there is an inch of broth above the beans.
- Cover. Cook for 8-10 hours until beans are soft.
Optional: Add Ham at the end of the crocking.
Provided by J. M. L. via facebook.com
Nutrician includes adding the Ham!