- 3 lb. round steak or lean stewing beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 T. curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. raisins
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 14 oz. beef broth
- 2 apples (unpeeled), cored and finely chopped
- Fluffy rice
This is an old recipe that has been in the family for a very long time! MeeMaw’s Crock Pot Curry!
1. Wipe beef well.
2. Mix flour and curry powder.
3. Coat meat cubes with flour mixture.
4. Place meat in crock pot.
5. Mix garlic, raisens, sliced apples, onion, salt and pepper, and pour over beef.
6. Pour in broth and stir to blend.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
8. Before serving, stir in additional curry powder to taste (up to 1 T.) and chopped apples.
9. serve over hot rice and sprinkel with coconut!
Optional: 3 lb. lean lamb may be substituted for beef!
Note: Can add 4 sliced carrots to add color!
Crock Pot Girl