- 1 lb. Red Potatoes, quartered
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, quartered
- ½ c. Pearl Barley
- 2 Medium Onions, diced
- 4-6 Carrots, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 15 oz. Red Beans, canned drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. White Beans, canned drained and rinsed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Water or Vegetable Broth, to cover
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Cholent is a typical Jewish stew made for the Sabbath, filled with vegetables, barley and beans.
- Add all ingredients as listed into the slow cooker EXCEPT water or broth; stir well.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if needed.
- Add water or broth just to cover.
- Cover. Cook on High or Low heat, depending on personal preference, until vegetables are tender.
NOTE: This is an easy one dish meal that can cook for hours. It will never be overdone. If you like your stew thinner add more liquid, if you like it thick use less liquid. You can sub any beans that you like.