- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 lg. can tomato sauce
- 1 sm. can tomato puree
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can ripe olives
- 1 T. garlic
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. wine or brandy (optional)
- 2 c. rice
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and remove fat from chicken.
2. Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour.
3. Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients EXCEPT rice.
4. Put chicken and sauce in a crock pot.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
6. Before serving, cook rice according to directions on box. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Optional: If adding Potatoes and Carrots: Peel and quarter 6 potatoes and top with carrots with chicken on top before you cover and cook for at least 4 hours!
Crock Pot Girl