- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 T. ginger root, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 T. black pepper
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 - 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 - 15 oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or cook 2 cups dried garbanzo beans until tender, drain, and use)
- chopped green onion, optional
This is a simple and wonderful vegetarian recipe to serve with a green salad and a piece of soft warm bread. A COMFORT meal!
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion stirring for about 10 minutes, until it begins to brown.
2. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and tomatoes.
4. Put chickpeas in crock pot.
5. Pour hot tomato mixture over chickpeas and stir to combine.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Option: When serving, top each bowl with chopped green onions, if desired.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl