- 1 T. canola oil or 1 T. olive oil, if you wish
- 4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 c. white wine or 1/4 cup apple juice, although that gives a different flavour
- 4 c. cubed sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 c. chicken broth
The HEALTHY Slow Cooker Garlic Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes is a favorite to have when we get home from church! Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
- Trim the visible fat on the pork roast.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy skillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork roast, brown roast in hot oil on all sides, for about 10 minutes total time.
- Remove browned roast to a plate and temporarily set aside.
- In fat in skillet (add a little extra oil if needed), saute sliced onion and minced garlic, seasoned with the poultry seasoning, just until onion starts to soften; place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Turn heat to high and add white wine to skillet; scrape up all the bits sticking to skillet (in other words, deglaze the pan), then pour this mixture over the onions in the slow cooker.
- Cover onions with cubed raw sweet potato.
- Place browned pork roast on top of sweet potato cubes, then pour chicken stock over roast.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender and pork is cooked.