- 1 T. canola oil or 1 T. olive oil, if you wish
- 4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 c. white wine or 1/4 cup apple juice, although that gives a different flavour
- 4 c. cubed sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 c. chicken broth
Pin ItThe HEALTHY Crock Pot Garlic Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes is a favorite to have when we get home from church! Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
1. Trim the visible fat on the pork roast.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy skillet.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork roast, brown roast in hot oil on all sides, for about 10 minutes total time.
4. Remove browned roast to a plate and temporarily set aside.
5. In fat in skillet (add a little extra oil if needed), saute sliced onion and minced garlic, seasoned with the poultry seasoning, just until onion starts to soften; place in bottom of crock pot.
6. Turn heat to high and add white wine to skillet; scrape up all the bits sticking to skillet (in other words, deglaze the pan), then pour this mixture over the onions in the crock pot.
7. Cover onions with cubed raw sweet potato.
8. Place browned pork roast on top of sweet potato cubes, then pour chicken stock over roast.
9. Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender and pork is cooked.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.
Crock Pot Girl