- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
These tasty Slow Cooker Brownies do just the trick when I need a chocolate fix. You can have fun experimenting with different mix-ins like nuts, M&M’s, etc. Happy Crocking!
- Place a slow cooker liner in a slow cooker and grease the bottom and side of liner generously with cooking spray. (if you don’t have one then grease with cooking spray, top with parchment paper, then spray again)
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the evaporated milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the larger bowl and mix until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover the top of the crock with two pieces of paper towel, placing the lid on top to hold in place. (This will keep the moisture from dripping down on top of the brownie.)
- Cover and cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
- Trace a knife around the edge of the brownies to loosen them from the slow cooker. Use pot holders and gently lift the slow cooker liner out and flip it over to release the brownies onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 20 minutes then flip them back over to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, slice and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
NOTE: Be careful not to get the brownies wet when you lift the lid! You can check the brownies after two hours by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean then the brownies are done.
Great SERVED with a scoop of ice cream!