- 1 Onion (small – medium)
- 1 Green, Yellow, Red or Orange Pepper (Green Pepper's my favorite!)
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (small)
- 2 T. Chili Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 T. Ketchup
- Season Salt to taste
- 1 c. Water
- ½ tsp. Sugar
This Slow Cooker Grandma Lucy’s Kentucky Spaghetti Sauce recipe is one that my husband’s Grandmother use to make, I just converted it for the slow cooker. Grandma Lucy was a very good cook! This is also a great topping on hot dogs and nachos.
- Brown diced onion, pepper and celery on stove until softened.
- Add Ground Beef (Hamburger) cook until meat is done.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, pepper, Chile powder, ketchup, garlic, season salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving stir in ½ teaspoon of sugar! (Note I sometimes add with step 4 so I don’t forget)
Serve over pasta of your choice, and a warm loaf of French Bread, and salad! Your meal is ready! Hope you love it as much as we do!