- 8 apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. packed brown sugar (use Splenda brown sugar blend to reduce calories)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Slow Cooker Spiced Applesauce is an easy recipe that the whole family will love. You can even freeze individual servings and pop them in the kids’ lunchboxes. Our family loves this recipe all year around, but especially in the fall when apple season is at its peak. Enjoy!
- Combine all the ingredients in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Crock on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use a potato masher to soft sauce and reduce lumps.
- Serve or refrigerate immediately.
NOTE: I have reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup to reduce calories, and it was still very delicious, but my apples were very sweet too!