- 8 apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. packed brown sugar (use Splenda brown sugar blend to reduce calories)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Slow Cooker Spiced Applesauce is an easy recipe that the whole family will love. You can even freeze individual servings and pop them in the kids’ lunchboxes. Our family loves this recipe all year around, but especially in the fall when apple season is at its peak. Enjoy!
- Combine the apples and water in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Crock on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; continue cooking another 30 minutes.
NOTE: I have reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup to reduce calories, and it was still very delicious, but my apples were very sweet too!