- 1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. cheese, Gruyere, grated (1 cup)
- 8 oz. cheese, extra sharp cheddar , grated (2 cups)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 12 oz. beer
- 1/4 tsp. salt, kosher
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
This Green Bay Packer Wisconsin Cheese Dip is the perfect game day recipe for Cheeseheads and football fans everywhere!
- Lightly grease a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Put the onion, garlic, and cheeses into your crock.
- Stir in the cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Crush the caraway seeds (you can crush them in a ziplock bag with a small mallet).
- Add them to the pot.
- Pour in the beer.
- Cover & Crock on Low for 2 – 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper before serving, adding more to taste if necessary.
Great served with soft pretzels, baguettes, bread cubes or crackers!