- 2 c. dried pinto beans
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs. chuck roast
- 1 can rotel
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
This recipe for Slow Cooker Houston Texans Tex-Mex Roast is perfect for tailgating or watching the game at home. Just put all the ingredients in the crock the night before and you’ve got Tex-Mex for game time! Enjoy this over rice or in tortillas and garnish with toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, or feta cheese.
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place dried beans in slow cooker and cover with water.
- Add soup and roast, then other can of soup, rotel, chilies and spices.
- Cover. Crock on LOW for 12-15 hours
- Shred meat with two upside-down forks.
- Cover. Crock on LOW for 30 more minutes to let pieces absorb juices and sauce to thicken.
Note: Serve with flour tortillas or over rice!
Nutritional Info for Crock Pot Houston Texans Tex-Mex Roast: