- 4 1/2 c. bread, French or Italian, cubed
- 3 large apples, cooking (such as Granny Smith), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, light, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 C. milk or soy milk
- 1/4 c. syrup, maple
- 12 oz. sausage, cooked and crumbled
Slow Cooker Breakfast Bread Pudding is good all the time not just for the Holidays!
- Oil lightly the inside of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Press half of the bread cubes into the bottom of the crock.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Next add the milk and maple syrup and mix well.
- Pouring half of the apple mixture over the bread in the slow cooker.
- Gently press down on the apples to ensure the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Spread half of the soy sausage over the apples, followed by the remaining bread.
- Top the bread with the remaining sausage, followed by the remaining apple mixture.
- Press on the apple to ensure the liquid is absorbed again.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.