- 1 T. Butter
- 1 Round Loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cubed
- 4 c. Half & Half
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 T. Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- Caramel Sauce, warmed
Slow Cooker Creme Brulee French Toast is as much a dessert as it is a breakfast!
- Cube bread and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half & half, sugar, eggs, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour liquid over bread cubes and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour and as long as overnight.
- Butter a small, round slow cooker or slow cooker liner, if using.
- Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on low for 7 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. NOTE: If your slow cooker has a removable insert, I recommend rotating the insert halfway through cooking to help ensure even cooking. Each slow cooker will cook differently, so cooking time my differ.
- Turn off slow cooker and remove lid. Let french toast cool and firm up for about 20 minutes before serving. Top with caramel sauce.