- 12 oz. Challah or Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 c. Milk
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Prepared Caramel Sauce, warmed (optional topping)
Slow Cooker Creme Brulee French Toast is as much a dessert as it is a breakfast!
- Grease or Line a 3.5 Quart Slow Cooker with a slow cooker liner.
- Place bread cubes in prepared slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour over bread cubes in slow cooker. Ensure bread is moistened thoroughly.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight. (NOTE: I prep in the slow cooker liner, place in a bowl, so I don’t need to set the crock out to get to room temperature before placing in slow cooker.)
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- Cover. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. NOTE: Each slow cooker will cook differently, so time my differ for each slow cooker.
- Turn off slow cooker and let it stand for 30 minutes. Carefully lift plastic liner from crock, using a plate to transfer the French toast to a cutting board.
NOTE: If desired, slice French toast to serve or spoon it into serving dishes and top with caramel sauce.