- Crock Pot Plastic Liner
- 12 oz.challah or sweet bread (such as Portuguese or Hawaiian sweet bread), cut into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups)
- 4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs, or 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Caramel ice cream topping, warmed
Slow Cooker Creme Brulee French Toast is as much a dessert as it is a breakfast!
- Line a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with a plastic slow cooker liner.
- Place bread cubes in prepared slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour over bread cubes in crock. Press bread lightly with back of a large spoon to moisten bread completely.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours. NOTE: I prep in the slow cooker liner, place in a bowl, so I don’t need to set the crock out to get to room temperature before placing in slow cooker.
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- Cover. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. NOTE: Each slow cooker will cook differently, so time my differ for each slow cooker.
- Turn off crock. Let stand for 30 minutes. Carefully lift plastic liner from crock, using a plate to transfer the French toast to a cutting board.
NOTE: If desired, slice French toast to serve or spoon it into serving dishes. Can top with ice cream topping.