- 2 3/4 lbs veal (trimmed of fat cubed)
- 4 strips of Bacon
- 1 leek (thinly sliced white and pale green parts)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 T. tarragon (dried)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 14 tsp. sage (dried)
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- salt to taste
Crock Pot Lemon Herb Veal Stew is for all those veal lovers, as it is so good!
1. Combine garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, thyme, white pepper and sage in a 3 qt. crock pot or larger.
2. Coat veal cubes with flour, brown in saucepan, then add to crock pot.
3. In same saucepan brown bacon and add leek to make tender, then add to crock pot.
3. Pour in wine and lemon juice.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours until veal is very tender when pierced.
5. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cream. Blend into stew.
6. Increase cooker to High.
7. Cover again, stirring 2 to 3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 15 minutes).
8. Season to taste with salt.
9. Garnish with fresh tarragon and lemon slices.
Crock Pot Girl