- 3 lb. Veal
- 4 Pieces of Bacon
- 2 Leeks (white part only, chopped)
- 2 Large Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 T. Dried Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Sage
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 c. White Wine
- 1/3 c. Flour
- 3/4 c. Heavy Cream
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Veal Stew is so tender and delicious. It’s a real treat to any weeknight meal!
- Place the chopped leaks, potatoes, and carrots in the bottom of a 5-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Pour in chicken broth and set slow cooker aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb grease and then crumble into the slow cooker. Reserve up to 3 T. of drippings in the skillet.
- Trim fat off the veal and cut into 1.5″ pieces. Toss with flour.
- Carefully add veal to the skillet with reserved bacon grease and sear over medium-high heat on all sides. (quickly – don’t cook through!)
- Remove veal only from the skillet and place on top of vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle meat with garlic powder, salt, pepper, sage and tarragon.
- Pour wine, lemon zest and lemon juice into the hot skillet. Cook over medium-high heat and scrape up any browned bits. (about 2-3 minutes.) Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Stir cream into the stew. Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with a crusty French bread to soak u the delicious sauce.