- 2 3/4 lbs veal (trimmed of fat cubed)
- 4 strips of Bacon
- 1 leek (thinly sliced white and pale green parts)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 T. tarragon (dried)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 14 tsp. sage (dried)
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- salt to taste
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Veal Stew is for all those veal lovers, as it is so good!
- Combine garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, thyme, white pepper and sage in a 3 qt. slow cooker or larger.
- Coat veal cubes with flour, brown in saucepan, then add to slow cooker.
- In same saucepan brown bacon and add leek to make tender, then add to slow cooker.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours until veal is very tender when pierced.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cream. Blend into stew.
- Increase cooker to High.
- Cover again, stirring 2 to 3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt.
Garnish with fresh tarragon and lemon slices.