- Cooking oil spray
- 2 c. skim milk
- 12 oz. evaporated milk, can
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c. uncooked macaroni (macaroni of your choice)
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese is always good and the kiddos love it too! Love this recipe because it is just a mix and turn on!
- Spray the crock of the slow cooker or if using a slow cooker liner, spray the bag well.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, evaporated milk, egg, salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add cheese and uncooked macaroni. Stir gently to mix.
- Cover. Cook on Low and for 3-4 hours, or until the custard is set and the macaroni is tender.
NOTE: Do not cook more than 4 hours, or the sides will begin to dry out.
Option: If you don’t like the edge to be crisp you’ll want to make this so it will be done in about 3 hours.