- 1 dozen beaten eggs
- 14 slices of bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 1/4 c. milk (lowfat or skim is OK)
- 2 1/2 c. cheddar, grated or Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
Our family use to make Sausage and Egg Casserole in the oven for years, but making it in the Crock Pot makes it even better!
- Grease the sides of the crock with butter.
- If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and tear bread into small pieces.
- Make two layers in the slow cooker of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over layered mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours.
Optional: For extra zip, serve with Salsa and/or add a can of green chili’s