- 4 c. eggnog
- 4 c. water
- 2 c. uncooked steel-cut oats (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 c. dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 T. chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, additional dried cranberries, additional eggnog, sprinkled with nutmeg or cinnamon
Delicious and ready to eat Christmas Morning! Slow Cooker Eggnog Cranberry Steel-Cut Oatmeal will warm any tummy including “Santa’s”! Enjoy!
- With cooking spray, coat the inside of 6 quart slow cooker.
- Combine and mix all ingredients EXCEPT optional toppings in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for approx. 6 hours, or until oats are cooked & softened, and edges have browned.
NOTE: Not all slow cookers crock the same, so times may vary.
Serve: Spoon oatmeal into bowls; if desired, add optional toppings.
Leftovers (if there are any) can be stored in the refrigerator. Freezes well.
Alternative slow cooker method: for extended crocking time without burning the edges.
- Insert a baking dish that fits inside the slow cooker; coat inside of baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine and mix all ingredients EXCEPT optional toppings to the baking bowl.
- Put water in the slow cooker so that the water comes up halfway on the sides of the baking bowl.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on Low for up to 8 hours.
Reheating: If you want to reheat a single servings: Place 1 c. oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot. (If frozen, microwave longer at half power.)
NOTE: Recipe may be halved and put in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker. Decrease cooking time by 1 hour!