- 4 c. eggnog
- 4 c. water
- 2 c. uncooked steel-cut oats (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 c. dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 T. chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, additional dried cranberries, additional eggnog, sprinkled with nutmeg or cinnamon
Delicious and ready to eat Christmas Morning! Slow Cooker Eggnog Cranberry Steel-Cut Oatmeal will warm any tummy including “Santa’s”! Enjoy!
- With cooking spray, coat the inside of 6 quart slow cooker.
- Combine and mix all ingredients EXCEPT optional toppings in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for approx. 6 hours, or until oats are cooked & softened, and edges have browned.
NOTE: Not all slow cookers crock the same, so times may vary.
Serve: Spoon oatmeal into bowls and add toppings of your choice.