- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3 T. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. Almonds (whole) or Nuts of your choice
- 1/4 c. Water
Slow Cooker Candied Almonds are to die for! I have always loved almonds made this way and was thrilled to find I can make them in the Slow Cooker! They make a nice (and low-cost) gift around the holidays as well.
- Combine brown & white sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the almonds to the egg white mixture and stir to coat well.
- Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the almonds and mix until almonds are coated.
- Use a slow cooker liner or use non-stick spray to coat the crock well.
- Place coated almonds in the slow cooker and crock on LOW for 3 hours. Stir every 20 minutes (this is important!)
- When 3 hours crocking time is done add 1/4 c. of water and stir well.
- Crock on LOW 1 more hour (continuing to stir every 20 minutes)
When finished crocking, place individual almonds on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. Enjoy when cooled!