- 2 lbs. Tomatoes
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Poblano Pepper
- 2 Large Sweet Onions
- 1 lb. Of Bacon
- Roughly 10 Leaves Of Fresh Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 Blocks of Cream Cheese
- 1 Head of Roasted Garlic
- Crush red pepper, salt and pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup is great on its’ own or would be really yummy to add chicken, salmon or corn. Shared by Facebook friend Steph T. Thank you Steph for a very Yummy soup!
- Cut in half, remove seeds and stems of your peppers and tomatoes.
- Remove skin, and cut onions in quarters.
- Place all of the tomatoes, peppers, onions, and basil in large roasting pan.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil (about 1 or 2 tablespoon full), pinch of salt an pepper.
- Stretch bacon over veggies. Bake in oven uncovered until the veggies start to brown and are tender, and the bacon is crisp.(Bake on 400 for about 30-45 minutes) Allow to cool, add roasted garlic then puree in blender.
- Put soup along with 1-2 blocks of cream cheese into slow cooker until hot and blended together.
NOTE: 1 block adds a nice light flavor and creaminess to it, 2 blocks makes it rich and creamy. Add pinch of salt, black pepper or crushed red pepper to taste.
Provided by Steph T., via facebook.com