- 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
- 3 - 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
- 10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (use full fat, fat free won't melt!)
- *shredded cheese, green onions, bacon, sour cream -- whatever you'd like to top your bowl of soup with.
Facebook friend Kathleen V. N. shared the Baked Potato Slow Cooker Soup recipe she got from a blog that was provided by The Chronicles of Ruthie Hart! The word that described this recipe is DELICIOUS!
- Combine everything EXCEPT the cream cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours. (It is suggested that your use at least a 6 qt slow cooker for this recipe!)
- About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted (stirring helps).
- Let cool and add your toppings (we used shredded American and Cheddar cheeses and turkey bacon and/or bacon that we broken into small pieces).
Provided by Kathleen V. N., via Facebook