- 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
- 3 - 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
- 10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (use full fat, fat free won't melt!)
- *shredded cheese, green onions, bacon, sour cream -- whatever you'd like to top your bowl of soup with.
Facebook friend Kathleen V. N. shared the following recipe she got from a blog that was provided by The Chronicles of Ruthie Hart! The word that described this recipe is DELICIOUS!
1. Combine everything EXCEPT the cream cheese in the crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours. (It is suggested that your use at least a 6 qt crock pot for this recipe!)
3. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted (stirring helps).
4. Let cool and add your toppings (we used shredded American and Cheddar cheeses and turkey bacon and/or bacon that we broken into small pieces).
Provided by Kathleen V. N., via facebook.com/crockpotgirl